Here's what you'll need:
- XL T-Shirt OR jersey knit fabric you can get at Hobby Lobby/Michaels etc... (I used two different colored tees and it made two scarfs)
1. Cut both of the shirts from under the armpits horizontally.
2. Next cut the shirt vertically in half at the seam (repeat to other shirt as well). Should look like this after cut:
3. Lay out the fabric (like above) and begin cutting strips vertically. This will give extra long strips of fabric. Pull on the strips to give them even more length.
4. Divide the strands into three equal sections.You might have to enlist someone to holding your fabric while you braid OR just find something heavy to hold it down :) Leave about a foot of fabric left at the top and bottom of your strips. Here comes the fun part...BRAIDING!!! Forgot how to? Here's a video to refresh your memory: How to Braid.
5. With your scraps left over from your shirts take or cut a strip long enough to tie it all together! Wrap it around several times and then double knot it. Now with your strands feather them out and cut random pieces to give it a layered look. :)
6. You're done and now you can enjoy your new scarf!
Remember that these can make awesome gifts...as in Christmas gifts :)
Comment below and happy crafting :)