This past weekend Ryan and I made it up to Cherokee, Iowa to visit his family. We relaxed, ate some great food, and of course crafted! I think 75% of the time Lisa (mother-in-law-), Liz (Ryan's brother's girlfriend), and I were crafting! This was one of our favorite crafts featured from Two Girls Being Crafty. We of course added some of our own flair to this craft by using old vases/recycled glass bottles to put these whimsical branches in!
Here are the supplies we used:
- Scrapbook Paper
- Glue Stick & Glue Gun
- Cardstock OR any type of Cardboard
- Floral Wire
- Spray Paint
- Old Vase OR Recycled Glass Bottle
Instead of going out and buying a vase we looked around the home for old vases/glass bottles. We also found some spray paint and ribbon that we could use to give this craft the "wow" factor!
This is how we made our whimsical branches:
1. Begin to cut a plethora of "leaves" with the scrapbook paper. Depending on how full you want your branches to be will determine the size of your leaf pile ;)
2. Grab the cardstock/cardboard, because glueing is the next step! We used the top of an empty pizza box and with a glue stick glued the leaves on that.
|Look at Liz go! ;) |
We also thought that the pizza box with leaves could be cute as wall art.
Another craft idea . . . I think so!
3. After they are all glued you can start cutting them!
4. Plug the hot glue gun in and cut the wire 3"-5"long.
5. The wire will now be hot glue gunned to the backside of the leaves.
|Be careful when using the hot glue gun!|
Safety first :)
6. Here is the fun step! Arrange the branches in the vase, and then start to wrap the wired leaves around them.
|Liz arranging her branches!|
7. Fill those branches up until they run out! Then you're done!!!
|Lisa's vase displayed in her home :)|
|Liz's Final Product!|
|Mine that I absolutely adore :)|
These are cute gifts . . . and of course great home decor :)