Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Live. Laugh. Breckenridge.

When summer started the countdown was on for Ryan & my summer vacation. Of course, it couldn't be a vacation without some other family members involved! So, my parents picked us up along the way :) This year's summer destination was Breckenridge, Colorado!


Loaded up with our suitcases (mine may have been a little overpacked...just maybe ;) we were ready to begin our nine hour drive up to Breckenridge!


Our road trip was filled with laughter, some good jams, and some napping (except for the driver ;) After the nine hours passed with a couple of pit stops, we finally arrived to Breckenridge. 

For the next four days we would be sharing a lodge not only with my parents, but also with my mom's extended side of the family...The Whipple's (it almost seemed like a family reunion)! 


The lodge sure filled up quickly as aunts, uncles, cousins, and second cousins arrived! The lodge was beautiful, secluded, and spacious! It was so gorgeous there we didn't want to come back to Omaha :) During the four days visiting we hiked, shopped, and had a vicious pool tournament. 


First day there we: rode the Gondola Lift up to Breckenridge Ski Resort and hiked around. Above is a picture of my hubby Ryan & Me :) Below is one of my lovely parents. Aren't they adorable? Love them!





Second Day: Ryan loved the hiking...could you guess what I liked??? The shopping! :) Breckenridge had the cutest shops to browse around in! This one was my favorite...Magical Scraps! Check out their site Magical Scraps. I would LOVE to have a shop similar to this!


Third Day: The day was full of hiking and shopping but when the evening hit it was time for the 1st Annual Whipple Pool Tournament! I honestly did want to participate because I am horrible at it, but everyone insisted so I gave in to the peer pressure ;)

The teams were put together randomly and you never guess who I was with...my husband! We didn't win the tourney, but we had a really fun time trying! This pool tournament just reminded me of how blessed I am to have a wonderful family who loves to laugh and have a fun time!





Fourth Day: Finished up some shopping and did a little walking before we made the trip back home :(






Our vacation in Breckenridge was AMAZING. We were so blessed to be able to spend it with the people that care about us the most...family :) Hope everyone is having a super duper summer!

~Ryan & Briana~

No comments:

Post a Comment