Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The White House

It sure has been one crazy year for Ryan and I. Graduated from college, moved, got new jobs, adopted a black lab puppy, and most recently.... bought our first home

The past two months we have been working our hiney's off making some cosmetic improvements to the house. Ripping wallpaper down, painting, and redoing the hardwood floor in our dining room kept our nights very busy.  With the help of our awesome families we were able to make all the improvements we wanted to! In the end it was ALL worth it!

So, without further ado here are the before and after pictures of our home... the White House ;)

Before Exterior View:


After:





Before Entrance:


After:

Yes...I had to paint the door yellow :)

One of my favorite pictures of my grandma Echo is framed in this entryway....

Before Mini-Library:


After:

An English teacher's dream...to have their own library!



Before Living Room: 



 After:

So excited to have our first couch and be able to ditch the college futon! Wahoo!



Lovely gift from my parents....electric fireplaces are nifty :)

 Before Dining Room:

Biggest Improvement Award ;)


After:

Yes...hardwood floors...aaahhh...


This gorgeous table was made by my father-in-law...AMAZING.




Antique Chairs that had been collected by my mother...LOVE.

Love upcycling...barnwood we got from some friends and turned into baseboard!


Before Kitchen:

This makes me cringe....



After:

Much better! Fresh paint on walls and cabinets!



Our little coffee bar...this was a must!

Fell in love with the exposed brick right when we viewed this house!


Before Bathroom:

A little color can do wonders to a room...


After:

TA-DA!



Before Master Bedroom:


After Master Bedroom:

Our cute puppy, Titus, taking a pose :)


DIY Window Frames for our headboard was a must!

Before Hallway:


After:


Before Guest Bedroom:



After:




Before Computer/Craft Room:




 After:

Finally my dream craft room...still adding on, but it's a start!



That's my hubby :) Getting ready to get his gaming on...

 Before Mancave:


After:

GO HAWKS!




We are so BLESSED to have this as our home, and can't wait to raise a family here :) We would love to hear some comments below!


~Wishing you creative bliss!~
~Breezy



5 comments:

  1. I am in shock! I am hiring you when we buy our home! You two did so great! Sorry I didn't get a chance to rsvp, was in Iowa then but not close :( your cards were freaking adorable too!

    Just wanted to say it looks fabulous and we will have to make a visit soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! No Corey told us that you had a shower...totally understandable...and YES please hire me I would love to decorate your house :) We are excited for your wedding!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I got to see this work of art in person. The pictures just can't do it justice. You guys did such a terrific job turning a house into a home. And it was so terrific to see you guys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brianna,
    You know I want to have you come help with my house, and this just cements it! I need help! Love your style.

    ReplyDelete