Easter is one of my favorite holidays and I was so excited to be able to make and decorate these:
If you are having guests over or need a basket filler then this Easter craft is for you!
- Mod Podge (The Essentials)
- Paper Mache 6" Egg ($1.47 Hobby Lobby)
- Sponge ($1.00 for a whole bag of them-Dollar Tree)
- Assorted Patterned Paper (The Essentials)
- Old surface to work on
Don't have a Hobby Lobby near by? Use this website to make the egg: How to Paper Mache.
With your materials in hand you are now ready to get crackin' with your egg!
1. Put down your old surface to work on and begin tearing the patterned paper into many different sizes.
2. Take the sponge and dip it in the mod podge. Apply a thin coat onto the egg and grab a piece a paper. Place the piece of paper on top of the mod podge. After paper is placed apply a coat over the paper.
3. You will repeat step 2 over until your egg is covered.
4. After the egg is all covered with paper you can set it up right and let it fully dry (might take 20 minutes).
5. You're Done! Enjoy :)
Here is what I did with the eggs I made:
|Decoration on our mantle|
Can you tell which one my husband did? ;)
~Wishing you creative bliss and a blessed Easter!
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them.“Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”
Be on the lookout next week for...MAY DAY Baskets!
|My lovely husband (Ryan) displaying |
next week's May Day Basket!