Friday, August 12, 2011

Mason Jar Dispenser Tutorial

Throwing away those empty hand soaps/lotion bottles? Instead of throwing the whole unit away save the pump for this awesome redo of a soap/lotion dispenser!


Materials Used:

  • Mason Jar 
  • Hammer w/nail or drill
  • Hand Soap/Lotion Pump
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Spray paint (Optional)
1. Begin by putting a hole in the lid by nailing a hole or drilling a hole to the size of the pump. So there are no mess ups it may be easiest to measure and trace where the hole needs to go! With the hole being the right size I took some pliers to the other side of the lid and pulled back the sharp edges to where the hole was located. 


2. I hot glued my canning lid together with the metal screw band (it makes it easier when changing out soap/lotion). Keep hot glue gun pugged in. 

3. (Optional step) I spray painted the jar lid to the color I wanted! When the lid was dry I moved on to the next step.


4. For the final step hot glue gun the pump into the hole so it will stay in place. Add soap/lotion and enjoy!


~My favorite part about this project... it cost me nothing because I had all the materials already!~

~Wishing you creative bliss~

No comments:

Post a Comment